Almonds are one of the most popular and healthy tree nuts. We consume them in innumerable ways. They are immensely nutritional. Almonds also consist of nutrients like fiber, protein, fat, magnesium. They are loaded with antioxidants and are also very high in vitamin E. Almonds can also help you manage blood sugar levels and blood pressure. They can curb hunger and have lower cholesterol levels. Eating almonds is therefore extremely beneficial. Making almond cookies is a very delicious option to have all its nutritional value.
Here is a really healthy almond cookie recipe you can try out.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (189 degrees C)
- Get the baking tray and line it with parchment paper.
- In a mixing container or bowl, combine the sugar and butter.
- Add eggs to make it more fluffy and soft.
- Add the almond extract and vanilla extract into it.
- Mix the all purpose flour and baking powder in it thoroughly. You can use wheat flour to make it even healthier.
- Now fold in the sliced almonds.
- The dough is prepared so now you can start making the cookies.
- Collect 1 tablespoon of the dough and bake a ball of it.
- Press it gently with your palms.
- Do the same with the remaining of it and arrange all the cookies on a baking sheet with some distance between them.
- Put the tray in the oven and bake them for 13-15 minutes.
- Once the edges turn brown, take them out of the oven.
- Move them on a wire rack and let them cool totally.
- You can store them as long as seven days in a hermetically sealed holder.
This is an easy to make recipe for very delicious cookies. It can also be made gluten free by replacing the all purpose flour with gluten free flour. To make them eggless, replace the eggs with yogurt, commercial egg replacer or ground flax seeds. These cookies turn out to be crunchy and full of taste. They make for a healthy snack and are filling as well. They can be chocolaty by adding some chocolate chips as well.
In the end, garnish them with almond slices to make them look even prettier and aesthetically pleasing. For more guidance, you can reach out to Delhi Deli Café.